1. Live and let live
(살아라 그리고 살게 하라, 자유롭게 살게 하라, 공생공영)
- I often think there’d be a lot less conflict in th world of people would only live and live, and just accept that others have opinions, customs and religious beliefs that are widely different from their own.
- My mom is always criticizing the way my friends and I dress. I said to her, ‘Mom, we are not doing you any harm; why can’t you live and let live? It takes all sorts to make a world.
2. Many hands make light work
(많은 손은 일을 가볍게 한다, 백지장도 맞들면 낫다)
- The professor had a wonderful team of design students helping her with costumes and scenery for the university musical production. She couldn’t possibly have managed without them – many hands make light work.
- Two heads are better than one.
- Many a little (or pickle) makes a mickle.
- (반대표현) Too many cooks spoil the broth.
3. Walls have ears
(벽에도 귀가 있다, 낮말은 새가 듣고 밤말은 쥐가 듣는다)
- I don’t know how it is that everybody knows I failed the exam; I’ve only talked about it in private – walls have ears.