어휘, 문법까지 완벽히 정리했습니다.
이거 하나면 시험준비 완료!
Luckily, Naataosim knew where to go for help.
* where + to부정사: 어디서 ~할지
"I ran as fast as I could until I was inside here," she says.
* as 형/부 as + S + can = as 형/부 as possible: 가능한 한 ~
Naataosim found safety at the Kajiado African Inland Church Boarding Primary School.
* boarding school: a school where children can live during the school year. 기숙사학교
* day school: a private school with students who live at home and only go to school during the day.
Its principal Priscilla Nangurai has spent much of her life making sure Masai girls are allowed to get an education.
* principal 교장 cf. principle 원칙
* make sure + that절: 확실히 ~하게 만들다
* be allowed to 부정사: ~하도록 허락받다
* get an education: 교육을 받다
Nangurai protected Naataosim / when her father and the bridegroom chased her to the school.
* protect 보호하다
* bridegroom 신랑
* chase 쫓다
"I told them that the girl was in my hands." says Nangurai.
* in the hands of sb, in sb’s hands: being taken care of or controlled by sb 누군가에 의해 돌보아지거나 통제되다
Naataosim's father shouted that if Naataosim chose school over marriage, she was never to return home.