1. Who is the author?
2. Author’s position
3. What is Compulsive Buying?
4. Prevalence of Compulsive Buying
5. Compulsive Buying and Class
6. Other Explanation for Compulsive Buying
7. The Medicalization of Compulsive Buying
8. The Fiscal Crisis and the Metaphor of Health and Illness
The Medicalization of Compulsive Buying by Shirley Lee, and Avis Mysyk
Who is the author?
Shirley J. Lee - Ph.D. Manitoba, 1999. Medical anthropology, women's health, medicalization and labelling, menstrual cycle research, premenstrual syndrome.
Avis Mysyk - Avis Mysyk is an Associate Professor of Anthropology. Avis earned both her Master's and her Doctorate in Cultural Anthropology at the University of Manitoba. Her primary areas of interest are the ethnohistory and political economy of Mexico.