1. Capturing packets from an execution of traceroute
2. A look at the captured trace
What is the IP address of your computer?
➾ The first ICMP Echo Request message sent by the IP address of my computer 126.96.36.199
2. Within the IP packet header, what is the value in the upper layer protocol field?
➾ The value in the upper layer protocol field is ICMP (0 × 01)
3. How many bytes are in the IP header? How many bytes are in the payload of the IP datagram? Explain how you determined the number of payload bytes.
➾ IP header : 20 bytes
IP datagram : 36 bytes
Explain : Total Length ( 56 bytes ) - IP header ( 20 bytes ) = IP datagram ( 36 bytes )
4. Has this IP datagram been fragmented? Explain how you determined whether or not the datagram has been fragmented.
➾ Don`t fragments bit : 0 (Not set) / The more fragments bit : 0 (Not set) and fragments offset : 0 , the datagram has been not fragmented
Flags는 IP datagram의 fragmented에 관한 정보를 나타내는 것으로 Don`t fragments bit : 0 (Not set) 은 1의 값을 가지면 Don`t fragments 된 것으로 패킷을 자를 수 없다는 것을 의미한다.