Norman Foster was born in Manchester in 1935. After graduating from Manchester University School of Architecture and City Planning in 1961 he won a Henry Fellowship to Yale University, where he gained a Master’s Degree in Architecture.
He is the founder and chairman of Foster and Partners. Founded in London in 1967, it is now a worldwide practice, with project offices in more than twenty countries. Over the past four decades the company has been responsible for a strikingly wide range of work, from urban masterplans, public infrastructure, airports, civic and cultural buildings, offices and workplaces to private houses and product design.
| Design Works
Erick van Egeraat
- Natural History Museum, Rotterdam 1989-1996
- Head Office of ING Bank & NNH Budapest 1992-1997
- Leiden Physics and Astronomy Laboatory 1993-1997
- School for fashion and Graphic Industry, Utrecht 1994-1997
- Extension offices for ING Bank NN Hungary 1995-1997
- Popstage Mezz, Breda 1996-2002
- ING building Budapest 2001-2003
- Metzo college Doetinche 2002-2005