- does not inevitably lead to dementia
- proportion of cases is large enough to warrant inclusion in the discussion of dementia
: 특정 질병을 언급하는 것은 아니나, tremor, rigidity, slowness of movement의 motor symptom 에 의해서 특징지어지는 behavioral syndrome 의미.
- 1% of population of the United States over age 50, with the incidence of new cases appearing to peak between ages 60 and 64 ( 40살 이전엔 드물게 발생)
- more common in men than women
- Parkinson`s disease 내에서 dementia는 age related.
: 12%의 환자가 50대 때 dementia 발병/ 80 이상의 경우는 70% 와 대조
- 40%의 parkinson`s disease가 dementia의 criteria meet.
- younger Parkinson`s patients are likely to function well, but dementia is morelikely with increased age and disease sdverity.
- Parkinson`s disease is the direct cause of the dementia?
: not yet know
(1) neuropathology of parkinson`s disease
◎ Parkinson`s Disease(PD)의 특징
- loss of dopaminergic cells and pigmentation in the substantia nigra
- Lewy bodies are pathognomonic markers in cells of the substantia nigra
→ Lewy bodies exist in other pigmented subcortical areas such as locus ceruleus or unpigmented areas such as the nucleus basalis of Meynert, autonomic ganglia, and hypothalamus / also cortical area.
→ also appear in normally aging people, Alzheimer`s suffer and those with other progressive neurodegenerative condition
⇒ Lewy bodies in the brain is not specific to PD
- Lewy bodies 가 의미하는 것 두 가지
① indicatiors of a general disease process
② markers of cell death