2010년 고려대학교 국제학부 [국제금융]
중국-미국 간 환율긴장에 대한 레포트입니다. 미국의 대중국 무역적자의 이유와 여파, 어떻게 중국이 환율은 낮게 유지하는지에 대해 살펴보았습니다.
1. What is the U.S. Trade Deficit with China?
2. Why Is There a U.S. Trade Deficit with China?
3. How Can China Set Its Exchange Rate Lower than the Dollar?
4. How Does the U.S. Trade Deficit with China Affect the U.S. Economy?
5. What Is Being Done to Improve the U.S. Trade Deficit with China?
6. China`s Economy Depends on Exports to U.S.
7. Will appreciation of Yuan be helpful to the US economy?
8. Proactive Action with Positive Measures
In 2009, the U.S. trade deficit with China was $227 billion. This was down slightly from the record of $268 billion set in 2008, the largest in the world between any two countries. The deficit means that the U.S. exported $69.6 billion in goods and services to China, while it imported over $296 billion. Meanwhile, China`s economy stood at $8.8 trillion in 2009. This makes China the world`s third largest economy after the U.S. and the EU. Chinese economic growth of about 8% per year contributed nearly 30% of total global growth. China is the world`s second largest exporter, after the EU. (Source: U.S. Census, Foreign Trade Statistics)