Diversity in workplace 에 관한 영문판 레포트 입니다.
A 받았습니다.(MS 워드 3,586 자)
2. Definition of diversity
3. Definition of managing diversity
4. Background of diversity
5. Necessity of Managing Diversity
6. Benefits of workplace diversity
7. Disadvantages of workplace diversity
8. Examples of solutions to the problems of labor force diversity
9. How to keep the diversity?
10. Successful cases of diversity
In order to maximize the productiveness of the labors from different backgrounds it is important to understand the values of the cultural backgrounds. This is because labors from different background are gaining more weight its veiled contribution is also growing. An executive should be careful not to treat female and minority foreign workers unfairly with prejudice and plan a labor force management system in which the laborer’s capabilities are applied impartially to the organization’s goal such as improvement of service for the clients. Labor force management system should include various contents starting from administration service such as management of social position to communication between the workers.
Large number of American enterprise has accepted the diversity of the labor force and utilized it in order to achieve predominance in the competition. In one survey which was done to the labor force specialist one of the most general way to utilize the diversity of labor force is through academic training. Most of the respondents have agreed that these efforts do help the organization in achieving predominance in the market. It is important that the workers are not judged through their appearance of status but by their capability, and the enterprise should embrace the difference between the labor forces and should ensure competent workers. What is more important than employment of competent labor force is how you come to harmony with work forces from different cultural backgrounds. In any case, what is unquestionable is the fact that like globalization, diversification of the work force has become a trend which can’t be opposed
<Definition of diversity>
Although over 6.6 billion people are living on Earth there is not person that is exactly same as the other. Starting from the sex difference, age, culture, religion, sex preference, existence and nonexistence of disorder, personality, financial-social position, nationality and many other attributes a person is characterized with different traits and this is the diversity of work force.
1. Chapter 4 diversity, equality, morality (pp 51 – 64)
Chapter 7 managing diversity and disability legislation (pp 103 – 117)
Equality, diversity and disadvantage in employment 2001 by Mike noon, Emm anuel ogbonna
2. Chapter 1 Diversity in the workplace: A theoretical perspective(pp 3 – 26)
Chapter 2 Diversity in the workplace: A legal perspective(pp 27 – 40)
Chapter 11 Understanding difference(pp 232 – 242)
Opportunities and challenges of workplace diversity 2008 by Kathryn A. Canas , Harris Sondak
3. Chapter 4 Managing people – equality, diversity and human resource management issues for line managers(pp 145 – 176)
Building Workplace Equality 2002 by Nelarine Cornelius
4. Chapter 3 Managing diversity: The beginning of a theory(pp 31 – 46)
Managing Diversity The Courage to lead 2000 by Elsie Y. Cross
5. Chapter 4 Perception, Attribution, and the management of diversity(pp 107 – 144)
Understanding and managing organizational behavior 15th edition 2008 by Jennifer M. George , Gareth R. Jones
6. Chapter 19 Managing diversity(pp 724 – 768)
Human resource management 6th edition 2008 by Raymond J. Stone
7. Chapter 11 Motivating and leading across borders and cultures(pp 392 – 435)
International Management Managing in a diverse and dynamic global environment 2th edition 2008 by Arvind V. Phatak , Rabi S. Bhagat , Roger J. Kashlak
8. chapter 5 Diversity, conflict, and their consequences (pp127~174)
Diversity at work 2008 by Artur P. Brief
9. Part 3 The craft of strategic diversity management(pp 97 – 168
Building on the promise of diversity 2006 by R. Roosevelt Thomas, Jr.
10. Chapter 2 Managing equal opportunity and diversity (pp 27 – 63)
A framework for human resource management 2009 15th edition by Gary Dessler