READING THE NEWS (1-1 A hunger for English lessons) 문제풀이
시사영어 과목을 통해서 쓴 과제입니다.
PRE-READING TASKS, READING FOCUS, COMPREHENSION WORK, VOCABULARY WORK,
EXAM PREPARATION TASKS, DISCUSSION PROMPTS에 이르기까지 이 챕터의 모든 문제들 답입니다.
EXAM PREPARATION TASKS
1. gender / against / age / sexual / religions / racial
2. the gender wage gap : It means there is a gap in wage between woman and man. For example, man usually gets more wages than woman.
"gender politics" : It is the way to interpret the sex in political aspect and it goes on to discuss the role that patriarchy plays in sexual relations.
wage inequality : It means the wage that is unfair. We can use this word when a couple works similarly and one person gets higher wage than the other.
3. Women`s wages are low / There has been more and more women in the work force but women still have a very "traditional" role in society. / Maternal leave is generous, and child care facilities are good.
1. The shift toward service-based economies in the industrialized world has favored women in the work force.
2. In South Korea, one of reason is that all man has to go into army over 2 years otherwise woman doesn`t. However, the main reason is because of the stereotype of traditional role.
3. a.let companies hire more women / b.make a campaign such as "No Matter Gender, All Equal" through medias. / c.reinforce the law about the gender discrimination. / d.let children to know that all gender is equal from the text book.