Choose the correct answer from the list below. Not all of the answers will be used.
a) L-amino acids b) water c) protons d) Zwitterions e) secondary structure
f) tertiary structure g) Ramachandran h) cysteine i) extracellular
j) Histidine k) Proline l) Sanger m) D-amino acids
1. Chiral type of amino acids found in proteins.
2. Another name for dipolar molecules.
3. Disulfide bonds are formed by pairs of which amino acid?
4. The amino acid with a pK near neutral pH.
5. When a peptide bond is formed, what molecule is also made?
6. Where are proteins with extensive disulfide links likely to be found?
7. The amino acid with a distinct structure, causing it to affect protein backbone structure.
8. Name of the plot that allows one to investigate the likely orientation of certain amino acid pairs.
9. The type of structure to which alpha helices, beta sheets, and turns are referred.
10. The overall structure of a protein is referred to as