MBA 수업시간에 case study 했던 자료입니다. 아마존닷컴의 연대별 기업전략의 변천과 향후전망에 대해 자세히 나와있습니다. PPT로 발표자료입니다. 영문으로 작성되어 있으나 어렵지 않을 겁니다.
1. Analyze Amazon.com using the competitive forces and value chain models.
How has it responded to pressures from its competitive environment?
How does it provide value to its customers?
2. Describe Amazon’s evolving business strategy.
3. Why did the company change its strategy?
4. Do you think Amazon can continue to be successful?
Overview of Amazon.com
Jeff Bezos established in 1994(cadabra.com→amazon.com), Online Bookstore Service Opened on May 1995 and IPO at Nasdaq On May 1997
Expand the business scope from Online Bookstore to Online Shopping Mall
- include auction, e-market place
- More than 13milion products listed in 34 categories (in 2003)
- the 76million people who bought stuff on amazon (in 2007)
Operate the retail website in 7 countries : US, UK, Germany, France, Canada, Japan, China
13,900 Employees at the end of 2006
$662 mil(6.2%) Technology investments, $263 mil(2.5%) Marketing
Revenue : 14,835, Net Income : 476(mil$, 2007)