The Storm written by Kate Chopin
(1) time and place
(2) Its function is more than mere background.
(3) Some regards it as its whole society, including the beliefs and assumptions of characters.
(1) place(physical environment)
(2) time : It helps understand what happens in the novel.
3. Regional writer
(1) a writer who usually sets stories in one geographic area
(2) often a native of the place
(3) tries to bring the place alive to readers who live elsewhere
(4) a political tinge : the author describes an area outside the political and economic centers of a society
(1) affect characters (*Naturalism)
(2) bound with themes
(3) evoke atmosphere(feeling whatever the storyteller would have readers feel)