CMP에서 발생하는 주요 issue인 scratch와 slurry 농도에 따른 defect 생성을 다룬 자료입니다.
나름대로 디자인도 신경썼고, 모두 영문으로 작성되었습니다. 간단한 대본 또한 있습니다.
2. Effects of slurry contents
3. Effects of characterization of scratches
- In the Al CMP, the micro-scratches were small and the removal rates were large when
the slurry pH was 2~4 and the H2O2 concentration was 1~3 vol.%
- The micro-scratch size and removal rate increased as the abrasive concentration on the slurry increased.
- Embedded particles could lead to the formation of triangle scratches during processing on platen 2 and 3.
- The larger particle size and higher hardness of the alumina abrasive particle employed on platen 1 causes of deeper and more damaging scratches.
 W. Jeffrey, L. D. David, W. L. Guthrie, J. Hopewell, F. B. Kaufman, W. J. Patrick, K. P. Rodbell, R. W. Pasco and A. Nenadic, US Patent 4,954,142, 1990.
 W. J. Patrick, W. L. Guthrie, C. L. Standley, and P. M. Schiable, Application of chemical mechanical polishing to the fabrication of VLSI circuit interconnections, J. Electrochem. Soc. 138 (6) (1991) 1778–1784.
 J.J. Sniegowski, Chemical-mechanical polishing: enhancing the manufacturability of MEMS, Proc. SPIE-Micromachining Micro-fabrication Process Technol. II (1996) 104–115.