-The Uruguay Round
-The Result of Uruguay Round for Services
-The Result of Uruguay Round on the Protection of Intellectual Property
-The Result of Uruguay Round for Goods
-Liberalization of Tariffs
-Conclusion & Evaluation
Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade:
- Technical regulations should not create unnecessary barriers to trade.
- National Treatment and MFN principle.
- Environmental protection as a legitimate objective of standards.
- National mandatory regulations should be based on international standards.
- Integral part of the Agreement is a separate code of good practice covering the preparation, adoption, and application of standards.
Agreement on anti-dumping:
Prior to UR the Code only applied to mainly developed countries.
Now applies across the full WTO membership.
More clarity was provided.
New agreement :
1 More detailed in determination of dumped product.
2 Specific provisions on the criteria on cost allocation .
3 Procedures of conduction anti-dumping investigation.
4 Strengthens the requirement for the importing country to establish a clear relationship between dumped imports and injury to the domestic industry.