검색어 입력폼

[국제경영] ROYAL DUTCH SHELL/NIGERIA(나이지리아 석유개발 투자)

저작시기 2005.01 |등록일 2005.01.24 워드파일MS 워드 (doc) | 8페이지 | 가격 1,000원

목차

ROYAL DUTCH SHELL/NIGERIA

NIGERIAN SITUATION

SHELL IN NIGERIA

OGONI SITUATION

AFTERMATH OF THE RESOLUTION

QUESTIONS

본문내용

ROYAL DUTCH SHELL/NIGERIA

In 1999, Royal Dutch/shell (Shell) proposed an $8.5 billion Integrated oil and natural gas investment in Nigeria over a five-year period, which would be the largest industrial investment ever made in Africa. The proposal called for 70 percent of the cost to come from private companies (mainly Shell) and the other 30 percent from the Nigerian government. Shell had three reasons for its proposal:
Investment analysts had criticized its low return on capital compared to its competitors, and Nigeria offers low-cost petroleum extraction. Shell faced high political risk within its existing Nigerian facilities, and the company felt an additional Nigerian investment could win friends and lower risk in Nigeria. Shell had been criticized severely outside Nigeria for its Nigerian political activities and environmental policies and the company reasoned the new investment could help dispel this criticism. Nevertheless,
the two private companies that Shell proposed to share in the investment, France's Elf Aquitaine and Italy's Eni, both responded that it would take some time before they could
even consider the proposal.

1999년에 , Royal Dutch/Shell은(Shell) 5년간의 기간동안 나이지리아에서 85억 달러의 석유 그리고 천연가스 통합하는 투자를 제안하였습니다, 그 제안은 아프리카에서 만들어진적 없는 가장 큰 산업투자일 것입니다. 그 제안은 나이지리아 정부에게 일반 기업과(주로 Shell) 다른 30 퍼센트로부터의 투자유치를 위하여 비용의 70 퍼센트를 요청하였습니다.
Shell는 그것의 제안에 대한 3가지 이유가 있었습니다 : 투자 분석가들은 그것의 쟁자들에게 비교된 자본에 비하여 낮은 수익율의 문제점을 찾았습니다, 그리고 나이지리아는 값이 싼 석유를 제공합니다. Shell은 그것의 현존한 나이지리아인 설비들의 안쪽에 높은 정치적인 위험을 직면하라 ,그러면 그 회사의 추가적인 나이지리아인의 투자가 나이지리아에서 친구들과 적은 위험을 얻을 수 있었다라고 생각하였습니다. Shell는 그것의 나이지리아인의 정치적인 활동과 환경 정책에 대하여 나이지리아의 밖에서 심하게 비평되었고 그 회사가 새로운 투자를 논하였던 것은 이 비평을 일소하도록 도울 수 있었습니다. 그럼에도 불구하고, 심지어는 Shell이 투자하고 프랑스의 Elf Aquitaine 그리고 이탈리아의 Eni에 분배되는 것을 신청하였던 2개의 개인 회사 양측은 그들이 제안을 생각할 시간을 필요로 할 것을 대답하였습니다.

다운로드 맨위로