2.The Grammar - Translation Method & The Audiolingual 1)1)1)Method
3.The Direct Method & The Audiolingual Method
*The Direct Method & The Audiolingual Method
1. The theory on which the method is based in that language in mainly speech, not writing or reading.
2. Students don't learn about the language, they learn the language itself.
3. Listening and speaking are both taught.
4. Verbal interaction takes place between the teacher and the students.
5. All instruction is done in the target language. Translation or use of the native tongue is discouraged.
6. The teacher immediately corrected student mistakes in grammar or pronunciation.
7. Grammar is not taught directly.
*The Grammar - Translation Method & The Audiolingual Method
1. Students learn through model sentences.
2. Students come to know grammar regardless of the method.
3. Both methods use textbooks.
4. Students memorize what they learn.