오리엔탈리즘이 미국내에서 어떤 식으로 나타나는지
구체적인 예를 들어가며 설명한 글입니다
책을 읽고 제가 직접 쓴거라 영어내용 해석하는데는
아마 거의 무리가 없을거 같습니다^^;
미국에서 백인들이 외국인을 바라보는 관점에 대해
개념을 구분하며 설명해 놓았습니다
1. Preface & Introduction
2. The "Heathen Chinee" on God's Free Soil
3. The Coolie and the Making of the White Working Class
4. The Third Sex
5. Inner Dikes and barred Zone
6. The Cold War Origins of the Model Minorrity Myth
7. The Model Minority as gook
Before reading this book, I already knew a little about Orientalism.
Maybe many people was likely to hear about it. But as I read this book, I could understand that Orientalism has very many and concrete conception.
That is very widely applied to ordinary life, the movies, the songs, and so on.