영어로 수업들으면서 냈었던 리포트입니다.
북한의 핵문제로 인해 아시아의 정세를 살펴 본 것입니다.
II. National Interests
1. North Korea
2. South Korea
5. United States of America
6. Conclusion on the National Interests
III. United States Foreign Policy
2. The influence of America's unilateralism
in East Asia
IV. The China Threat Issue
1. America factor and China factor
2. The threat from China
V. The Issues of International Political Economy
1. Terrorism and Weapons of mass destruction
2. Disease and Environment
1. Obstacles of the Cooperation
2. Prediction on the possibility Cooperation
21st century's international relations undergoes a sudden change. After 9.11 terror attack, U.S. turned their policy toward a unilateral foreign diplomacy using their military and economic capability as a weapon. America's unilateralism, the fall of USSR back in the 90's, the decline of Russia, China's high economic growth, North Korea's nuclear issue, all of these made the international relations in North-East Asia to undergo a sudden change. The sudden change in international relations makes one harder to guess what will come next.
The major objective of this paper is to predict the possibility of cooperation, to lead the way to peace, in North-East Asia region among the countries that are related to the region. Which are U. S., China, Japan, North and South Korea. And to be able to predict the possibility of cooperations among those five countries, this paper will talk about ① the national interests of each of the five countries, ② american unilateralism, ③ possibility of China as a threat against the U.S., ④ and the issues of international political economy such as terrorism, disease, environment, trade and weapons of mass destruction.
1. 백종천·진창수,『21세기 동북아 평화증진과 북한』, 세종연구소, 2000, pg176.
2. Coldersman, “중국과 미국: NMD와 중국의 핵무기 현대화”, 인터넷, 2000,
3. Carnegie Commission on Preventing Deadly Conflict, Preventing Deadly Conflict: Final Report, Washington DC, 1997, pg 69-104.
4. Jeong, The International Relations in East Asia and the Korean Peninsular: A new approach to peace, Seoul, 2002, pg 78-81.
5. 나정관, “미국 ABM 탈퇴 이후의 세계정세”,『국방저널』, 인터넷, 2002, <http://www.dapis.go.kr
6. 유현석,『국제정세의 이해; 9·11 테러 이후 지구촌의 아젠다와 국제관계』, 한울 아카데미, 2003, pg 216.