● The air pollution in Seoul
● Emission standards for diesel car
● Self-serving behavior of the local auto
● The realities of air pollution
● Problem of diesel car
● Advantage of diesel car
● The ministry's first and foremost task
The main culprits behind this deplorable state are automobiles that burn diesel. These diesel cars, mostly large trucks and buses as well as recreational vehicles, account for 29 percent of all cars but are responsible for 52 percent of pollution. Their undue proportion is due to abnormally cheap fuel prices, which remain at 56 percent of gasoline, and low motor taxes. Also problematic is the poor quality of the gas oil, as refiners have not made expensive investments into facilities to desulfurize it.