1. what are the two main versions of UNIX, and how did each begin?
2. Write down five main functions of an operation system.
3. What is the difference between a process and a program?
4. What is the UNIX philosophy?
5. Who created UNIX ?
6. What makes UNIX an "open" system?
UNIX is a fairly standard operating system, with two main version that are slowly merging into one. As you'll see shortly, UNIX was created in AT&T's Bell Laboratories and evolved from that genesis into what is currently known as "system V" UNIX. The University of California at Berkeley obtained a copy of UNIX early on in its development and spawned another major version, known as BSD (Berkeley Standard Distribution) UNIX.
UNIX는 2개의 버전이 완만하게 하나로 통합되는 표준적인 운영체제이다. 간단히 본다면, AT&T's Bell 연구소에서 일반적으로 알려진 "system V"라는 UNIX의 기원을 만들었다. California Berkeley 대학에서 개발중인 UNIX의 복사본은 획득하여 다른 중요한 버전인 BSD (Berkeley Standard Distribution) UNIX를 개발하였다.